Monday, August 30, 2010

Go Cougars

The Ft Meade 12U Cougars walked away with their first victory on Saturday with a score of 26-14.  They played the Chesapeake Bay Piranahs.  In the first quarter both teams scored, but the Cougars were unable to get the extra point.  In the second quarter, both teams scored again.  The Cougars were unable to get the extra point again.  So at halftime, it was 14-12.  I'm not sure what the coach told the boys, but they were fired up when they got back on the field.  No one scored in the third, but by the fourth, it was on.  The Piranahs were doing a pass play and the Cougars intercepted and ran it back for a touchdown.  WOOT WOOT!!  Then on the next Cougar possession, they scored again.  Before we knew it, the game was over and the boys were on cloud 9. 

Mike played 6 plays in the game.  He only played safety once, but the rest of the times he was on the kicking team.  He did pretty good.  A couple of times he got creamed, but he got right back up and kept on going.  I was very proud of him for that considering he has been scared of hitting and being hit.  Maybe as practices and games go along, he'll get better with that.

Nothing else has really been going on.  I did order my book for my Business Management class that way I can get a jump on my reading.  I'm anxious to get started on my school work to get back in the groove of school, and get my degree started.  I figured it out and if I take 3 classes each semester, it should only take me 3 1/2 years to get my Bachelor's done.  The real estate license will only take a few weeks, so by the time Landen is ready for school, I'll be ready to go back into the work force.  We'll see how that goes though.

Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment