So, Saturday's game didn't go so well. The Ft. Meade 12U Cougars walked away with a 23-0 loss. Needless to say, they needed to go home and lick their wounds. They played against the Edgewater Seahawks. I do have to say that the Seahawks were a very good team. They kicked better than some high school and professional teams I have watched. When they kicked for the extra point, which at this age group, they get 2 points for it, they were clearing the uprights with no problem. If they had wanted to kick a field goal, they could have with ease. The Cougars, just really didn't show up for the game. Some of the boys were just standing around on the field. They weren't holding the line either. I don't really know what got into them. It was very obvious that the coaches were very frustrated with the boys too. All I can hope is that next week, our Cougars show up to the game and play their hearts out and show that they want to be there and want the big win. Obviously you win some and lose some.
In other news, I had to cut Andy's hair on Saturday, and I decided that I should cut Landen's too. Well, Landen was having no part of that. I even tried to bribe him with a lolli. Well, bribery didn't work either. So, I was standing in the kitchen and at one point I told Landen that he couldn't have a lolli, and he asked me, "Why?" Really? My little one knows the word why! I told him because he didn't get a haircut that he couldn't have a lolli. He then points to Mike and says, "Bubba, lolli." I told him, "Yes, I know Bubba has a lolli and he didn't get a haircut and he's bad for having a lolli, but that's just how it is." I guess the way Landen sees it is that you shouldn't have a lolli unless you get a haircut. Pretty smart logic if you ask me.
Yesterday, we did some grocery shopping, which we really needed to do since we were practically out of everything. I hate grocery shopping. I wait until we are practically out of everything before I make that trip. It's always a very large bill, and then it's alot of bags to drag into the house and lots of stuff to put away. So, before we came home, Andy wanted to stop at the PXtra. He comes out with another football. Like Mike doesn't already have 2. What does he need another one for? So we get home, put the groceries away, and Mike calls his bio to tell him about Saturday's game. Well, Andy decided there was going to be no rest so we headed out the door to go up to the practice field. We spent an hour and a half up there working on some stuff with Mike, that he needed to work on. He had Mike working on kicking, which our team really doesn't do except for kick offs and such. So, Andy had Mike kicking through the uprights. One of them went through the uprights, others went under, most went to the left. Really, he just needs to be able to get some lift on the ball and get it straight.
While I was working on dinner last night, Andy had Mike doing sit ups and push ups and all kinds of other stuff. It was interesting to see how he was working him out. Really, just trying to build him up. He tends to do this with him a few times a week. Most would probably say that he is working him too hard, but I honestly believe that it is just showing an interest in what Mike does and trying to help him out. It makes me very happy and proud that I have a wonderful man that is willing to do these things with Mike. This just shows me that he really is a wonderful dad.
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment