Never Forget! 9/11/01 I remember where I was. I had just dropped Mike off at Ellen's and stood watching Tower 1. When Tower 2 was struck, I knew that it was no coincidence. My heart sank. I drove onto work not really knowing what was going on and surfing through the radio stations looking for anything to tell me what was happening in New York. Nothing. I got to work, and when my co-worker came in, she told me that a plane had hit the Pentagon. All I could think was OMG, what is happening. I spent the next few hours trying to get the tv in the salon to work, or to pick up anything on the radio that could tell us what was going on. Again, nothing. We had a few people coming in updating us, and that was when we were told about the plane crashing in Pennsylvania. Where was that plane headed? It was rumored the White House, but no one really knew. Finally, at 1pm, they decided to shut the mall down and send us home to our families. I went and picked Mike up, and got home to watch the tv for the rest of the day to try and understand everything that unfolded that morning.
I watched the news and how they grounded everything in the sky. How weird it was to walk outside to hear and see nothing in the skies. This was not normal. This was not the way that things are in America. What was going on? Would someone please explain who did this, and why? What did we do to deserve this? These were things that were running through my head. I'm sure there were other American's thinking the same thing. My heart just broke for everything going on. It didn't help watching the news cause all they did was show the destruction over and over again, with no explanation as to why.
So, 9 years later, I sit here watching the ceremonies at Ground Zero, Pentagon, and Shanksville on CNN, still wondering what could we have done so horrible, to have so many Americans killed? Although Mike was too young to understand what was going on back then, I make a point of explaining this day to him as best as I understand. So, I ask you to remember that fateful day in America, and remember the lives of those that were lost.
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment