Friday, October 15, 2010

A Visit and 2 More Games Left

Saturday was a great day!  Tori flew in to spend the weekend with us.  It was so good to see her.  She was in such a great mood and was very happy to be home with me.  We went to UNO Pizzaria for dinner.  Man do I love that pizza.  All of us except Mike got pizza.  I was so suprised to see how much food Tori could consume.  It's just crazy!  She ate all but 1 piece of this pizza and then had a brownie sundae.  Even Landen ate all but 1 piece of his pizza.  The way my kids eat, you would think that they are starving.  There's no way since they eat all the time.  Luckily they all have high metabolisms and don't gain weight for every little thing they eat.  Me on the other hand, if I look at a whole pizza, I'm bound to gain a few pounds.

Sunday was an even better day.  Our Ft Meade 12U Cougars took on the Crofton Cardinals.  The game was back and forth.  The ball didn't move very much on either side.  It was very interesting to see our boys go out there and give 110% and keep this team from walking all over them like they have in the past.  Mike got to play 5 plays as safety, and then once on the kickoff team.  He did very well, and I was proud of his efforts.  The 12U Cougars walked away with a 13-12 win.  WAY TO GO COUGARS!!!!

Monday was a sad day though.  We had to take Tori back to the airport.  I was very sad to see her go.  I just have to remind myself that I'll see her next month.  After going to the airport, we decided to drive around some of the cities and get an idea where to house hunt at.  We won't seriously be looking for a house until next year, but we're trying to get an idea of what the other areas look like and if they are somewhere we would like to buy a home.  We took a drive to Ellicott City, and even though it is a nice area, it just didn't fit with us.  We also drove through Crofton and Gambrillis, and those places are very nice.  The place that we both agree on though is Columbia.  Ideally, we would buy a home over there, but the homes are a bit more expensive than the other areas we have looked at.  Our ultimate goal though is to buy a home there, but if we have to buy somewhere else for a few years, then that's what we'll do.  I'm very excited to be able to house hunt, but right now we are just looking at areas and prices on homes to see what we are looking for in a home.

Also on Monday, Landen got into a fight with a table at the dentist's office.  Needless to say the first couple of days it was very swollen.  It's not swollen anymore, but it sure is black and blue.  He wouldn't let us near him with any ice.  When we got home I gave him some Tylenol and then put him down for a nap.  When he woke up he was pretty cranky and I could tell he wasn't feeling well since he was happy just curling up in my lap. 

School has been going fine.  I do have this one professor that is a pain in the ass.  She is very rude and expects way too much from people.  As an example, we have weekly conferences to do on certain subjects.  Well, if someone quotes most of their response from the book, there isn't much more for you to add that hasn't already been said.  When you give your opinion on something, and a little bit of repeated information, she gets really nasty and tells you that you need to add more terms and information from the book.  Really?!?!  Why am I going to repeat what has already been said?  That is just stupid.  Every week I get docked points on my conferences because I don't like to repeat what has already been said. 

Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment