So, I’ve been slacking again, and most of that is because I have been busy working on projects for school. I’ve still got about 8 weeks to go til the end of the semester. So far, I have all A’s, which is great. Anyhow, onto the good stuff.
October 17th was Homecoming for the mighty Ft Meade Cougars. That Saturday was filled with activities, the crowing of the princes, princesses, king and queen. Wait for it…..wait for it…..YES, Mike was crowned 11 year old Homecoming prince. TA DA! I was such a proud momma. Then of course they had a dance. Yes, Mike had his very first dance. He pretty much just hung around there. He did say he danced a little bit.
The game on the other hand didn’t go so well. They played the Rebels again. If you don’t remember who they are, they are the team with 2 boys that weigh 275 pounds at 12 years old. I’m not going to get into what I think of that again, but I will say that I stood behind one of the boys at our concession, and I kid you not, he was about 6 foot tall. How there is a child that tall is beyond me. It was a 44-0 loss for our boys.
The good thing though, Mike was playing safety and tackled the ball carrier. Of course it took 4 others helping him to take the guy down, but Mike started the tackle. Then he went to tackle a guy again, and Mike was wrapped around his legs, but with Mike being as small as he is, the guy just shook him off and ran in for a touchdown. BOO HISS!
So, the regular season came to an end on Saturday. The 12U Cougars goose egged the Bucs, with a score of 26-0. That win ensured our boys a run at the playoffs. Mike played on offense and kicking team for that game. He has been on the kicking team before, but hasn’t played on the offense during a game. He did very well with trying to block. Of course, it doesn’t help that he is so small, so his blocks really aren’t effective.
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment