So, I've been slacking on keeping up with this. Mostly because of school dominating my daytimes. Bear with me as this entry is going to be pretty long.
Two weeks ago mom and aunt Sandy flew in for the weekend to watch Mike play on Sunday. We played the Panthers. The game wasn't as bad as the previous ones, but we still didn't win. It was a 31-13 loss for our Ft. Meade 12U Cougars. Mike ended up playing in 8 plays. At one point, the Panthers were going to score, and Mike was playing safety, and he ran the guy out of bounds. I was so proud of him and how he was doing in that game. Even though we lost, our boys didn't seem too upset because they were able to score a couple of times. We did have a penalty on us that I had never heard of, it was a roughing the ball snapper. All of us were like huh?? So, at halftime, I called my uncle. He did tell me that it is a real penalty, but it is not very well known of and hardly ever used.
Last Saturday we played Andover. Mike did not get to play in that game, nor did he practice the day before that game. I got an e-mail from one of his teachers saying that he didn't turn in a project that day. So, as a punishment, he was not allowed to go to practice. As for the Saturday game, Mike was warned 3 weeks prior that if he had any funny looking letters on his interim, he would not play in the game the weekend interims came out. Funny looking letters are C's or lower. I know that he is capable of A's and B's, and that he is very smart, and most people would think that I am being hard on him, but I expect him to use his full potential. Not just that, but if he wants to play sports in high school, he's going to have to maintain good grades. Needless to say, Mike was very upset with me. All I could tell him was that he did it to himself. We did find out from other players that they walked away with a 13-12 win. WAY TO GO COUGARS!!!
In other stuff, I have been very busy doing school stuff. My classes don't seem to be too hard, they are just very intensive. I guess that's what it is like when you're working on a Bachelor's and dealing with a large university. My BMGT class isn't bad at all. I'm actually learning some stuff that I never knew. The LIBS class is such a snore bore. All it really teaches is how to use a library and how to research stuff. The IFSM class, it's easy, but the prof isn't one of the nicest people I met. She's actually very rude. I know from now on not to take a class with this woman again. When I haven't been doing school, I've been working on fundraising stuff for football. We had a car wash a couple of weeks ago that brought in quite a few cars, and alot of money. Then last week, we had a bake sale in front of the commissary. That was a very fruitful fundraiser as well.
Andy ended up being sick the other day when he did his PT test, and he failed the run by 30 seconds. Since he had a failing PT test, he is not able to go on that TDY. I'm happy that he's not going right now, but on the other hand I wish that he could go just to get it done. At least he'll be home for Thanksgiving. I was dreading having to make that drive back to Ohio. Now, Andy can do a majority of the driving, and that makes me happy.
Landen's birthday is today. He's a big 2 years old. It doesn't seem like he should be that old yet. His most favorite thing in the world right now is his books. Every night he expects a book to be read to him. He's even got to where he recognizes some of the words in the books cause we have read them so much. We took him to Books a Million last week and he was just so excited in there. He must get his love of reading from Andy, cause he sure didn't get it from me.
Tori is supposed to be flying in this weekend. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch though. I'll be very happy to have her home for a few days. I usually call her once a week to see how things are going. She seems to be doing well. She's still in ballet and gymnastics, and says that she's been learning some new things. Maybe I'll get her to show me what she's learned while she is here.
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment