Life has been very hectic lately. I've been doing so much school work it is crazy. Some days I feel like I am falling behind, even though I'm really not, and then other days I really feel like I am on the ball. In the last week I completed my midterm for my business class and got a 22/25 on it. Not too bad, but could have been better. Yes, I know, I'm an overachiever. In the same business class, I was given the task of creating a marketing plan for a new and unique product, or an improvement to an existing product. The product that I chose to market has proven to be very popular with my classmates. Whether or not it is a feesible to make product is beyond me. I did contact one vendor that the product would do great with to ask them if they would be interested in hearing about my product proposal. We'll see how that pans out though.
Andy and I decided about 6 months ago to start trying to have another baby. So far that is not going well. I've never had a problem getting pregnant before, but now that I have put a time limit on myself, things are just not going my way. I told myself that I would not have another baby after I turned 30, simply because my oldest will be 18 when I'm 36. I'm starting to think God is playing a trick on me and saying that I can't just put a time limit on that, and it will happen all in his time. My luck, I'll end up pregnant after I turn 30. *Sigh* We also thought that it would be better doing it while he is still in the Army. That way we at least have good insurance. I guess all I can do at this point is hope that it happens soon.
In other news, I have found that Landen loves the Sprout channel. I have never seen him sit for hours on end and just watch the t.v. This channel is absolutely awesome because he is learning so much from it. He is talking more than before and gets so excited when it is on. We also spend each evening reading books to him. Oh how he loves his books. We always have to give him a book while we read one to him. While we tell him our story, he tells us his story. It's quite interesting. If only I could understand Landenese. It is obvious that he is mimicing what people are saying, cause the other night we were heading over to pick Andy up and Landen was just yammering away about being busy with school. Hmm, wonder where he hears that one at? LOL! At least I know he somewhat understands what I'm saying to him.
The Mighty Ft. Meade 12U Cougars have made it into the playoffs. Their first game is on the 7th. If they win that game, then they'll go onto another game the week after, and after that is another playoff game. The Championship game, from what I understand is Thanksgiving weekend. Now, I don't have a problem with that because although I will have to leave early from visiting my family back in Ohio, it would be awesome to see my son play in the Championship game. So what is the problem? Mike has to be back in Ohio with his dad on the 19th thru the 28th. Since his dad is the way that he is, more than likely Mike will miss the last 2 games of the season, especially the most important one. I've already told Mike that it is a possibility of him missing those games cause of his dad, and he is not a very happy camper. The only problem is, because of his history with his dad and the wicked witch of the west, he won't speak up to them and tell them how he feels because of the repercussions he has had from them in the past. I try to speak for Mike, but they won't listen to me. Of course, I shouldn't expect him to put Mike first, since he never has. It just pains me that my son is going to miss out on things and can't speak up for himself. If only I could do the freaky Friday thing and change places with him during one of his visits. Ahh, here's to wishful thinking.
As for Tori, I still talk to her once a week. She seems to be doing well. She told me that she has been learning back hand springs and does them well. I think that is wonderful. When I see her for Thanksgiving, I will have to get her to do some for me so I can see how well she is doing. She is also in ballet, but she never talks about it. I don't think it is something that she wants to do if you want me to be honest.
Remember that TDY that Andy got out of cause he failed his PT test? Yeah, well they of course are rescheduling it for him. More than likely it won't be the January-March class, but probably the class after that. I am just not really happy about TDY's. They suck. I know, I shouldn't complain, cause at least he isn't deployed, but still. He has no intention of moving up to 7, and that is mostly because he's not got enough time left in the service to make 7. This course is required to make 7, but of course you are supposed to have it as a 6. Seeing how Andy is with his job, there is nothing in that course that is going to teach him what he doesn't already know. Most of the time he is doing the job of his NCOIC, and his own job. If he can do that, then what is the need for the course? He thinks the same way that I do about this. Of course, we can't tell the Army no. When they say jump, he has to ask how high and would you like fries with that. Sometimes I hate the Army, but then I realize it has given me a better life than I could have ever dreamed of.
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment