I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We made it home to Ohio on the 22nd. I spent most of the 23rd and 24th wrapping presents. That is just a tiring activity, and although the gifts look pretty under the tree, it is a little disheartening that all of that pretty wrapping gets tore off. So, essentially, all of your hard work has gone to waste. Of course, it is fun to watch the joy on the kids' faces as the unwrap each one to find the coolest things they have ever seen.....at least for that moment.
Christmas Eve was great. My mom, sister and her family were all out here at my aunt's to spend the night. Of course we got our Christmas Eve jammies. I always love getting those. My jammies rocked this year. Thanks Momma!
Christmas morning was a tad bit of chaos. I went around waking everyone up around 7:30 so we could get the presents opened. There were tons more presents than we originally thought. It was a tad bit hard to keep Landen and Jonny's (my nephew) attention to keep opening presents. It was fun though. We all left the house just before 9:00 to get to my other aunt's for Christmas breakfast. Might I just add, I absolutely love big breakfasts full of bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits, baked apples, fried potatoes and chocolate milk. I know when I want a meal like that, I have to come home. LOL!
We had to leave my aunts around 11:30 to go pick Tori up, and then get Mike. We got back to my aunt's and watched some tv, and then had some wonderful food for dinner. I was a pretty happy camper. Nothing like a turkey, a ham, some mashed potatoes, potato salad, corn, a couple of pies and banana pudding for dinner. Man, I really do eat good when I come home.
We headed back to my home away from home so that Mike and Tori could open their presents. Mike was a rather happy camper to see all the Saints stuff he got. He had asked for a Brees jersey, and that's what he got. Andy also bought him a fleece blanket with the Saints logo on it. Tori wanted stuff to go in her dollhouse, so she got quite a few rooms, and then the family to go in it. She also got that ladybug pillow pet she was wanting. Landen got a "blackberry" and a "laptop". No, not real ones, but a V-Tech texting toy, and a Leapfrog Leaptop. He has been very thrilled with those things as well. When he's not playing with that stuff, he's sitting down reading one of his several books he got. Andy got his Black Ops game he's been wanting, and I've had to keep him out of Best Buy so he wouldn't buy it. He got some movies, books and clothes. He seemed pretty happy. I was over the moon over my gifts. My mother-in-law bought me 3 pairs of maternity pants, since I didn't have any pants to wear. I could have only received those for Christmas and just been the happiest person alive. However, Andy bought me a gift card for Victoria's Secret, the crap of that is though, I didn't get it until yesterday when I found it under the seat in the van when I was cleaning it out. He's always doing stuff like that to me.
Yesterday, my little brother came here and him and I headed up to Findlay to see our oldest brother. We had such a great time just sitting around, shootin the shit. I hadn't seen the big brother for nearly 2 years, and then my little brother I haven't seen since 2002. It was such a great time with them. I also got to meet my sister-in-law who was very sweet. Overall, it was a super awesome day!
Friday is Tori's 7th birthday. She asked me if she could have a Justin Bieber birthday party. Wow, ummm okay. I don't know how I'm going to pull that off, but I'm gonna try. I did get her 2 shirts with him on it. Not sure what else we are getting, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. I just have to keep reminding myself that when I was her age, I had New Kids on the Block. Yes......I am that old. ACK!!!
Well, I think that is all for now. Remember to say a prayer for those in the military fighting for our freedoms. HOOAH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment